To download the 2017 membership form click here. (Opens in a new window).
Further information is contained in the Membership Subscription & Gift Aid Notes for Guidance document.
The benefits of being a member
Tiverton Branch subscription 2017
|Registered member||£37.00||Full benefits|
For those who live at the same address as a Registered member
For individuals under the age of 18. Includes all the benefits of Registered membership
who do not keep bees in their own right in the County of Devon, who
are generally interested in the craft of beekeeping,
and wish to participate
activities primarily at Branch level.
For those who are generally interested in the craft and wish to support the association (DBKA)
Note : The Registered membership includes Bee Disease Insurance for up to 3 hives. Extra premiums are required for more than 3 hives (see Membership Guidance form for details).
- On going help and advice from experienced beekeepers.
- Courses for new and novice beekeepers, with hands on opportunities to examine bees at an apiary.
- A winter programme of meetings with talks by speakers on a wide ranging number of beekeeping subjects.
- Insurance to provide recompense for any colonies having to be destroyed due to notifiable bee diseases.
- Public liability insurance up to a limit of £5 million in any one year and any one incident against accidents arising from their beekeeping activities. There is an excess of £500 for any claims that relate to property.
- Opportunities to sell products of the hive at the various shows where the branch exhibits throughout the year.
- Hire and use of branch equipment.
- If you have any queries or questions you wish to ask then please click on the membership enquiry link below.